Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Theology 101 in the minivan

Apparently, my boys have decided that our trips around town are now a mobile theology class.  During our most recent trip to the store, I was posed with several of the following questions:

      " Did God make Satan?"

     " If Satan used to be an angel, and he got kicked out of heaven, how come God       didn't just destroy him?"

      "If God made Satan, does that mean God made sin?"

      "Can Satan say He's sorry to God and go back to heaven?"

      
These are tough questions to answer on the way to Wal-Mart.  But, I love that my boys are eager to know more about scripture. Eager to understand.  Unafraid to ask questions.    I may not have all the answers, but I love the discussions.  I love the way their minds work.  I love the innocence in their questions.  


It's easy as a Mom, to get in the van and let everyone get lost in electronics. Be it my cell phone, the ipad, the radio or a video.  I've been known to put my earphones in at times, just to drown out the NOISE.  Recently, during our drives around town,  I've turned everything off and really tried to engage my kids.  I'm discovering that with my little captive audience, we can tackle some huge issues.  I pray we can continue these conversations and that they will serve as a bridge for communication in the teen years that will be here before I know it.   



    

No comments:

Post a Comment